Have I mentioned I love ice cream? Right about now is when I make sure to have some on hand for those soon to be hot summer days.
- So You Think You Can Dance is on again. Right now their in the audition stages, but once they make their final selections I’ll probably drop it. I’m not a fan of the format change they made a few seasons ago where the contestants dance with professionals. To me it becomes more like Dancing With The Starless than So You Think You Can Dance. The truth is they need to give some of their past winners a paycheck, simply because there is not a high demand for dancers these days as far as I can tell
- The new season of Arrested Development became available on Netflix on May 26th. My girlfriend was up at 3:00am to watch the first few episodes. She blames me for putting it into her head that it would be available after 3:00am because that’s midnight Pacific time. I’ll be honest, I saw a few episodes and they were pretty funny… but nothing worth getting up at no 3:00am for. Hell, even Star Wars Episode VII won’t receive that honor
- Speaking of Star Wars, I did see the new Star Trek: Into Darkness movie. I was quite surprised that with the exception of about twenty minutes, they didn’t rip off Star Wars as badly as in the first movie. I was going to write a whole review about how impressed I was with that fact, along with how the ending was a refreshing twist to the timeline although absolutely predictable, but I decided to just blurb it here instead. If you haven’t seen it yet then be sure to add it to your list of movies to see, although I wasn’t impressed at all by the 3D so save yourself some change there
- For the last month and a half I’ve been a bit overwhelmed with some technical issues on one of the sites. There’s no easy fix for any of it and so it has become a grind of going line by line through someone else’s code to see where I need to make adjustments to restore functionality. It’s been such a time suck that the bother to worth ratio is starting to lean more on the bother side than it’s worth. Of course, this is a short term issue and the worth has to be valued in the long tail, so it’s unfair to measure it simply based on 45 days of issues. Sometimes that long tail becomes hard to see… which is where the Chocolate Fudge Brownie comes in. Once I eat that, I can see everything much more clearly
- Actress Jean Stapleton, who most people know as Edith Bunker on All In The Family has passed away. Having grown up watching the show while growing up a mere 7 blocks away from where they filmed the opening sequence, it makes me a little sad to learn of another cast member’s passing. Eating unbuttered popcorn while sitting Native American style on the floor watching Archie come to grips with his changing word while Edith made him his dinner… well now THOSE were the days….
Have a great weekend!